LF1-3 Legal Counsel 1-3
Criminal Law, Manitoba Prosecution Service
Advertisement Number: 32189
Salary(s): LF1-3 $73,250.00 - $147,749.00 per year Plus Remoteness Allowance, if applicable.
Closing Date: September 20, 2016
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months. Manitoba Prosecution Service is responsible for prosecuting most offences in Manitoba. These offences are identified in provincial statutes, the federal Criminal Code of Canada and The Youth Criminal Justice Act.
This is a unique opportunity with Manitoba Prosecution Service to work in a dynamic, moderate sized office in Thompson, Manitoba with Crown Attorneys of varying levels of experience. Situated in northern Manitoba, Thompson is surrounded by pristine wilderness yet provides all the amenities and serves as the regional trade and service centre. For more information on living and working in Thompson, please visit http://www.thompson.ca.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Eligible for membership or membership (in good standing) with the Law Society of Manitoba
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Search, Adult Abuse Registry Check & Child Abuse Registry Check
- Enhanced Security Screening
- Evening and weekend work as required
- Ability to travel by road and air, including overnight stays
- Litigation experience in the practice of criminal law
- Superior oral communication and presentation skills
- Superior written communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Effective case management
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to effectively meet short deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience and proficiency with computer software packages including legal research applications, MS Word and Outlook or equivalents
- Prosecutions experience
- As a Crown Attorney, you will provide prosecutorial service regarding matters arising under the Criminal Code of Canada and provincial statutes, in the provincial and superior courts. Other duties involve giving legal opinions, reviewing police reports and instructing police with respect to charges and investigations. The successful candidate will be expected to participate in community and other legal education in the areas of criminal law and procedures on behalf of Manitoba Prosecution Service.
Advertisement # 32189
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3J7