Library Service Fees
Self-serve photocopying and printing
- $0.40 per copy (black & white)
- Lawyers may purchase photocopying cards for $20.00 or $40.00, plus a $2.00 deposit fee per card.
Custom photocopying and printing
- Cases – $10.00 per case
- Statutes/regulations– $10.00 per statute/regulation, using official sources where available
- Articles – $10.00 per article
- Other – $10.00 per item
- Nova Scotia statutes: post-R.S.N.S. 1989 to date – $20.00 per statute, using official sources
- Nova Scotia statutes: pre-R.S.N.S. 1989 to date – $30.00 per statute, using official sources
- Other statutes – $30.00 per statute, using official sources where available
- Regulations – $30.00 per regulation, using official sources where available
Books by courier
- Lawyers may contact the Barristers’ Library to borrow circulating books. Library materials will be sent out the same day, whenever possible. The cost of shipping books out and returning them to the library is borne by lawyers.
- $20.00 per article or book, plus the costs imposed by the lending library, including its courier costs
- Lawyers can use the Barristers’ Library’s fax machine to send material at a cost of $1.00 per page. Lawyers can have material faxed to them at the Barristers’ Library at a cost of $1.00 per page.
- Lawyers who do not return overdue material after three reminders are invoiced for the cost of the material, plus a $25.00 per item processing fee. Lawyers who return overdue material after receipt of an invoice are still accountable for the $25.00 processing fee.
County Bar Libraries
Please note, these libraries are for the use of members of the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society only.