800–2000 Barrington Street
Halifax NS B3J 3K1
F: 902 429-4869
Our office is closed to the public & members until further notice. We are available remotely or by appointment during our office hours (Monday-Friday from 8:30 AM-4:30 PM).
Here’s how you can connect with us:
- Call our main switchboard at 902-422-1491
- Email our staff – review our staff directory
- Drop mail/parcels in our designated drop boxes outside of our office
- Book an appointment by contacting our staff by email or calling our main switchboard at 902-422-1491. Please note that during the pandemic, we will only have face to face meeting as a last resort and strict protocols will be in place for all in person meetings.
- If you need law stamps or to pick anything up from us, please contact our main switchboard at 902-422-1491 to arrange for contactless pick up.
- If you arrive at our office and are unsure what to do, please use the phone outside our office and dial “0” to speak to our receptionist
Executive Director’s Office
Human Resources & Communications
Education & Credentials
Finance & Administration
|Shewan, Kate||Director, Finance & Administration|
|Foss, Kerry||Executive Assistant to Finance & Administration Director|
|Benoit, Pierre||Technology & Systems Manager|
|Madamombe, Marcelline||Trust Assurance Auditor|
|Hosking, Erika||Accounting Administrator|
|McInnis, Mhairi||Trust Assurance Administrator|
|Zhang, Rebecca||Information Technology Administrator|
Library & Information Services
NOTE: Please direct all general library queries & questions here.
Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society – Library & Information Services
The Law Courts, seventh floor
1815 Upper Water Street
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 1S7
T: 902 425 2665
Toll-free: 1 866 219 1202 – members only
F: 902 422 1697
NOTE: If you have a concern with a lawyer, please use our online intake form or email firstname.lastname@example.org. While our Intake Line remains open at 902-422-1491, we are currently experiencing a high volume of calls. You may find it more efficient to use the online intake form or send us an email.