Aviva offers you real work/life balance, work from home flexibility, and flexibility in setting your own work hours. Our compensation package offers a very competitive base salary and includes an annual bonus and wellness package. Additionally, you will be working with a close knit team of lawyers and clerks on interesting, challenging work in a laid back, fun environment.
Aviva Trial Lawyers is currently seeking a litigation clerk for our Dartmouth office. As a litigation clerk you will be responsible for supporting one lawyer in the handling of insurance defence (tort) litigation matters.
– Preparation and drafting of correspondence and legal documents (motion records, affidavit of documents, affidavits, pre-trial/mediation memos, cost outlines, bill of costs, subpoenas, summons to witness, consent and dismissal orders, ensuring all appropriate documents and forms are filed with the court in accordance with the Civil Procedure Rules
– Compilation of books of authorities/factums
– Preparing and following up with requests for productions and undertakings
– Summarizing discovery notes, transcripts, economic loss and medical reports
– Arranging investigations/surveillance, including preparing various instruction letters to investigators
– Arranging independent medical examinations, including drafting and preparing the medical briefs
– filing; keeping lawyer’s calendar updated; and updating internal database
– Requisitioning cheques
– Maintaining file organization
– Booking travel; including flights, cars and hotels as needed
– Ensure integrity of information in file management applications
– Liaise between counsel, external parties, and claims operations
– Minimum of 5+ years of legal assistant and law clerk experience in an insurance defence or personal injury litigation environment
– Excellent computer skills including experience with MS Word and Outlook
– Proficient in the Civil Procedure Rules and Court forms
– Customer-service oriented with superb communication skills
– Excellent organizational skills
– Attention to detail with a desire to take initiative
– Able to work independently with minimal direction and as part of a team
– Mature work ethic and good sense of humour
For more information, feel free to contact Dennise.email@example.com or Danette.firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this opportunity.
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 08/15/2022