Wells, Lamey, Bryson, Schnare & Mailman is a full-service law firm located in the heart of Chester on Nova Scotia’s beautiful South Shore. Our firm is currently seeking a property paralegal/legal assistant.
– Accurately and efficiently draft, proofread, and compile legal documents such as easements, deeds and agreements, Property Online filings, property transaction documents, and correspondence;
– Perform title searches;
– Liaise with clients to collect information, and arrange meetings with the legal team; and
– Manage deadlines and closing dates for various files.
Our ideal candidate would have:
– An interest in property law, including title searching and property transactions
– Completed the Online Land Registration Act training program
– Experience carrying out title searches
– Experience working with Property Online
– A keen eye and attention to detail
– A positive attitude and willingness to learn
– Proficiency with technology (i.e. Microsoft office and PC Law)
– Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks
– Strong listening and communication skills.
We offer extended health care, dental care and vision care, company events, paid time off, paid overtime and a competitive salary.
We are open to candidates with varying levels of experience and from various backgrounds. However, experience working in a legal setting, and experience working on property and real estate files, is considered a major asset. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis; however, we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible. If you think you may be the right candidate for us, please contact [email protected].
Link to Job Posting:
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 10/12/2023