Wagners, one of the Maritimes’ leading personal injury law firms, is recruiting for an experienced and skilled paralegal to join its team.
The position is full-time and includes competitive salary, a progressive benefits and rewards package (including work from home options, flex time, medical, dental, life and LTD coverage, health spending accounts, firm matching RRSPs,company gym memberships, overtime, maternity & parental salary supplements etc.), and opportunities for career advancement within the firm.
• Meeting with clients and other professionals to discuss case details.
• Researching case-related factual issues.
• Organizing and managing documents in both paper and electronic filing systems.
• Assisting with the preparation, filing and service of pleadings, notices of motion, affidavits, and other court documents.
• Acting as liaison among parties including various courts and counsel for scheduling and sharing information.
• Coordinating the collection, review and production of documents.
• Assisting with trial preparation including the assembly of exhibits, witness binders, and jury binders where required.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
• Strong grasp of English grammar and punctuation.
• Well developed written and oral communication skills.
• Thorough and accurate attention to detail.
• Ability to follow direction and procedures.
• Ability to prioritize workload and assignments.
• Must be able to effectively multi-task, manage time sensitive documents and have exceptional organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to function effectively both independently and in a busy team-oriented environment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Paralegal certificate from an accredited post secondary institution.
• Post secondary degree preferred.
• Minimum three years of significant and substantive litigation experience as a paralegal or legal assistant in a law firm setting preferred.
• Knowledge and understanding of the Maritime province’s civil procedure rules.
• Experience managing medium to large-scale document productions.
• Working knowledge and competency with case management software, such as NetDocuments or similar software.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Working knowledge with legal accounting software, such as PC Law of similar software.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and references to Wagners’ office manager, Richard Crossman, firstname.lastname@example.org, and medical malpractice lawyer Nicholas Hooper, email@example.com
The position will remain open until it is filled.
We thank all candidates for applying, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 09/24/2021