Wickwire Holm is an established law firm in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia. With fifteen lawyers assisted by an experienced team of support staff and paralegals our firm strikes the balance between the opportunities provided by a large organization and the personal touch of a small firm.
We have an immediate opening for a municipal lawyer. The successful candidate will be part of a growing municipal law practice, acting for municipal units and providing advice on a multitude of issues pertaining to municipalities including governance, councillor conduct, by-laws, land use planning, real estate, tax sales, procurement and labour and employment issues. The successful candidate will be expected to manage files independently with minimal supervision. This is a salaried partnership-track position with benefits and paid professional development opportunities.
Required Skills and Experience
• member in good standing of a provincial bar
• eligible for membership in the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
• committed to client service
• strong communication and advocacy skills
• time management skills
• file management skills
• flexibility to address client needs as they arise
• ability to work collaboratively with others
• ability to find practical and creative solutions
• interested in client development and marketing
• ability to travel
Wickwire Holm encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds. If you are interested in doing challenging and rewarding work please send your resume and cover letter to: Management Committee via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 09/30/2021