Legal Assistant – Burke, Macdonald & Luczak
Burke, Macdonald & Luczak is a three-lawyer firm located in the UNESCO heritage district of the beautiful Town of Lunenburg. We are passionate about providing quality service to clients, and have an opportunity for a full-time legal assistant to join our team.
As a legal assistant, you will be responsible for providing administrative support primarily to our newest lawyer who focuses on the practice areas of Wills & Estates, Real Estate, Municipal Law and uncontested Family matters. You will ensure a high quality of work is delivered on time while maintaining good relationships with all team members and clients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with lawyers, staff, and clients
- Manage organization and administrative processes for efficient workflow
- Establish and organize files; monitor calendars; meet deadlines
- Concise and detailed document drafting and letter writing
- Documents are drafted with skill and efficiency in a timely manner
- Scheduling and calendar systems are created and managed effectively
- Good relationships are maintained at all times
Essential skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Proficiency in time-management and schedule organization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to take direction and work independently with little or no supervision
- Accurate and speedy word processing
- Computer literacy
- File management
- Attention to detail
- Confidentiality, discretion and professionalism
Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- 2 + years working experience as a legal assistant
- Familiarity with legal documents and procedures of Wills & Estates, Real Estate, Municipal Law and uncontested Family matters
- Legal assistant certification or diploma
- Local knowledge
Burke, Macdonald & Luczak prioritizes office/home-life balance and recognizes the value of a healthy work environment. We offer competitive salary commensurate with experience, a fitness class subsidy, and comprehensive dental and medical benefits.
If you’re interested in joining the Burke, Macdonald & Luczak team submit a concise cover letter and resume in confidence to Piotr Luczak at firstname.lastname@example.org before 4:00 p.m. on March 15, 2021.
Burke, Macdonald & Luczak would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 03/15/2021