Wickwire Holm is an established law firm located in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia. With eighteen lawyers assisted by an experienced team of support staff and paralegals, our firm strikes the balance between the opportunities provided by a large organization and the personal touch of a small firm. Our clients range from large multinational companies to individuals and local start-ups.
We have an immediate opening in Halifax for an Associate experienced in the area of Labour and Employment. Arbitration experience would be considered an asset. The successful candidate will be a part of a dynamic and busy employer-side practice group. The successful candidate will be expected to manage files independently with minimal supervision. This is a salaried partnership-track position with benefits and paid professional development opportunities.
Required Skills and Experience
• 3 years’ minimum post-call experience in the area of Labour and Employment;
• Must be a member in good standing of a provincial bar and eligible for membership in the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society;
• A commitment to client service;
• Strong communication and advocacy skills, both oral and written;
• Time management skills (it will be a rare day that you will work on only one file);
• File management skills;
• Flexibility to address client needs as they arise;
• The ability to work collaboratively with others. We work as a team on files and each member of the Practice Group has a role to play;
• The ability to find practical and creative solutions;
• Interested in client development and marketing;
• An ability to travel. We have clients throughout Nova Scotia (and, increasingly, beyond Nova Scotia). Hearings, collective bargaining and other work might require that you travel to our client’s locale.
Wickwire Holm encourages its associates to take carriage of files and build relationships with clients early in their careers. If you are interested in doing challenging and rewarding work, please send your resume and cover letter to: Management Committee via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Link to Job Posting: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2587365050/?refId=PNTC4Q6Wc36jyMzKgGph%2Fg%3D%3D
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 06/30/2021