Cleary Gottlieb, a preeminent global law firm with 16 offices on four continents, recently launched ClearyX, a separate business unit within the firm focused on building alternative models of legal services. ClearyX builds unique combinations of technology, process and people to create efficient, high quality legal services and products to support the firm and its clients. ClearyX is a separate business unit within the firm with its own leadership and mandate, focused on building alternative models of legal services. The CEO lives and works in Nova Scotia. ClearyX builds unique combinations of technology, process and people to create efficient, high quality legal services and products to support the firm and its clients.
ClearyX is seeking to hire Due Diligence Analysts, who will work on M&A due diligence and other corporate transactional matters. Roles will be either full time or in some cases temporary (with a short hiring track for a potential permanent position). These are non-traditional roles, offering a different career path. ClearyX provides an exciting opportunity to work in innovative ways on transactional work, using legal technology platforms and project management approaches. The positions will be fully remote, with the potential for infrequent travel for meetings.
• Reviewing and summarizing documents for M&A due diligence, including summarizing documents such as customer, supplier and reseller agreements, acquisition agreements, organizational documents (articles, bylaws, shareholder agreements) etc.;
• Using legal technology for data room management, project management and the review and analysis of legal documents;
• Engaging in other transactional legal work, such as potentially supporting the drafting and review of form agreements and the review and development of knowledge databases.
• Bar Admission in the jurisdiction where the candidate is residing and working, including anywhere in Canada.
• 1+ years of M&A due diligence or general corporate due diligence experience;
• Familiarity with key types of corporate contracts;
• Flexibility in hours required.
How to Apply
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Experience conducting M&A due diligence will carry the most weight for candidates. All qualified applicants should send resumes to C[email protected]
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 12/24/2022