Why BOYNECLARKE LLP?
We are a dynamic, fast-growing full-service law firm located in downtown Dartmouth, with spectacular views of the Halifax Harbour. We understand that the success and well-being of our clients and our staff is often rooted in our shared community, that is why we are deeply invested in giving back. We strengthen and support our commitment to community through various programs and initiatives, including volunteer time programs, staff-driven initiatives, and casual days that support a different staff-selected charity each month. We also understand that work-life integration, health, and wellness play an important role in staffs’ ability to be successful and maintain a healthy working environment. Through financial literacy programs, fitness classes, wellness subsidy program, and committee driven initiatives, we invest in maintaining an environment that our staff can thrive in.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
As an Accounting Clerk on our Creditor Practice Team, you may be responsible for, or provide backup to, the following:
• Extracting data from financial institution systems (online highways) for input into document management system (ProLaw);
• Opening files accurately and in a timely manner, prioritizing urgent requests;
• Conducting conflict searches daily;
• Reconciling accounts including disbursements, commission payments, and other firm related costs;
• Updating client highways with account information;
• Creating invoices or account summaries as per client specifications;
• Assisting with filing and completion of accounts for various clients;
• Monitoring account transactions;
• Verifying all disbursement invoices;
• Collaborating with the accounting department to ensure timely payment of accounts; and
• Ensuring accuracy and completeness of client/file information within ProLaw and the various client highways.
Qualifications and Skills
To be successful, you possess the following qualifications and skills:
• Graduate of an accounting, administrative assistant, or paralegal diploma program;
• Exceptional attention to detail and proven organization skills;
• Capability to work independently;
• Ability to prioritize multiple deadlines and tasks;
• Aptitude for Critical thinking coupled with strong problem-solving skills; and
• Capability to deal directly with clients using superior communication skills.
Link to Job Posting: https://boyneclarke.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=68&source=aWQ9MTU%3D
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 10/03/2021