MacLeod Webber, an established two-lawyer firm in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia is seeking an associate lawyer with 1-5 years of practice experience to join our team.
Our firm’s main practice areas are currently real estate, family law, corporate/commercial law and wills and estates. The successful applicant will have an initial base of in-house referrals supporting the firm’s partners in these areas. We are also happy to consider applicants who wish to bring a different practice specialty to the firm. Bridgewater and the surrounding communities are growing quickly and the demand for competent, compassionate legal services is growing in all practice areas.
Our firm’s compensation structure for associates includes base salary and commission. We offer flexible working arrangements, experienced support staff, and a group health plan. We have comfortable ground-floor offices with free parking in a pet-friendly building. We can offer mentorship in our core practice areas as well as in the mechanics of operating of a small law firm. Our goal is to expand our business in the coming years, and there will be partnership opportunities for the right associate.
Preference will be shown to candidates with the following qualifications, skills and attributes:
– litigation experience, particularly in family law;
– familiarity with Property Online, and accreditation as an authorized lawyer under the Land Registration Act;
– ability to manage client relationships independently from intake to final report;
– ability to complete time-sensitive tasks, with a high degree of attention to detail;
– exceptional problem-solving and decision-making abilities;
– experience managing billings and collections;
– familiarity with PCLaw accounting software and Microsoft 365 and/or a demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to new software and technology.
At MacLeod Webber we believe that every person on our team enriches our practice by exposing us to new ways to understand the world, identify challenges and deliver solutions for our clients. We welcome applications from members of equity-seeking groups.
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 07/15/2022