Creighton Shatford, located in Amherst, Nova Scotia is seeking an associate lawyer to join our busy firm. We welcome applications from lawyers who are seeking to build their practice in a well-established general practice law firm located in a small urban town. Our practice areas include Property, Wills and Estates, Corporate, Civil Litigation, and Family. Preference will be given to applicants with a desire to focus their practice on Corporate/Commercial Law.
Applicants must meet the following Criteria:
• Must be a member in good standing with a Canadian Law Society and eligible for membership in the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society;
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as a practicing lawyer;
• Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships and attract new clients;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to find practical and creative solutions;
• Excellent time and file management skills;
• Demonstrated ability work independently as well as collaboratively;
• Strong work ethic with a professional and positive interest in their work;
• Flexibility to address client needs as they arise.
Start Date: Immediately.
Please send resume and cover letter to Donna Buchanan at [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 03/31/2023