The Society’s TRC Working Group advises, monitors and supports Council in their work and governance on Truth & Reconciliation.
The TRC Working Group makes recommendations to Council on a response to the Calls to Action. In developing recommendations for consideration by the Council, the TRC Working Group considers the Society’s role in responding to the Calls to Action and the value in supporting any activities the Society may undertake.
TRC Working Group Members (October 2020):
- Ella Paul, Millbrook Mi’kmaw Community Elder;
- Angelina Amaral, Chair; Kwilmu’kw Maw-klusuaqn: Mi’kmaq Rights Initiative
- Heather McNeill, Q.C., Kwilmu’kw Maw-klusuaqn: Mi’kmaq Rights Initiative;
- Tuma Young, QC., Council;
- Jamie Vacon, Co-Chair, REC member, Nova Scotia Legal Aid;
- Mike McDonald, Private Practice;
- Darryl Tracey, Mi’kmaw Legal Support Network;
- Tanisha Blackmore, Solicitor Legal Services DOJ
- Victor Carter-Julian, Private Practice
- Dakota Bernard, Law Student;
- Armond Paul, Articling Clerk; and
- Madison Joe, Articling Clerk.