The Society’s Library is open to members/authorized secondary clientele on Tuesdays and Thursdays by appointment only.
How the appointment system will work:
- Members/authorized secondary clientele wishing to conduct a database search or library material search are asked to email the library at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (902) 425-2665 to book an appointment.
- Library appointments are for a maximum of 60 minutes, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Appointments are available at 9 am, 10:30 am and 2 pm.
- If you reach the end of your research period and need another appointment, please speak with our staff.
- You must be fully vaccinated. Please provide your proof of vaccine in advance or have your proof of vaccination ready to show upon arrival to the appointment prior to entry. Refusal to complete this process will result in the cancellation of your appointment.
- You are required to bring AND wear your own face covering and to follow safety guidelines while in the Library. Refusal to wear a face-covering will be grounds for the cancellation of your appointment.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment. We want to ensure you have maximum time for your research and we need time to sanitize stations prior to the next appointment.
- Photocopying and printing are available during your appointment, however, only staff will have access to the photocopier and will copy on your behalf. Members can invoice for all copies or print jobs. We will not accept cash at this time.
The health and safety of our members and staff is our top priority. We are complying with public health order directives including social distancing and cleaning requirements.
If you are ill on the day of your appointment, please contact the Library and reschedule your appointment. If you arrive at the library and show signs of illness and you have not cancelled the appointment, library staff reserve the right to cancel your appointment. Another appointment will be offered, if available.
We continue to offer “curbside” pick-up and drop-off and members can continue to access the library catalogue. The Lawyers’ Reading Room is accessible by logging into the member area of the Society’s website.
Please note that appointments are not available for general work/study, and we will not be able to accommodate walk-ins. After-hours access remains suspended for the foreseeable future.
Questions? Contact the Library at email@example.com or call 902-425-2665.