Wagners, an established litigation boutique personal injury firm in downtown Halifax, has an opening for a lawyer to join its class action practice group.
Widely seen as Atlantic Canada’s most active class action firm, the lawyer would be joining a team of lawyers representing plaintiffs in a variety of class actions, including cases involving institutional abuse, pharmaceuticals, environmental issues, and privacy breaches.
The role offers the opportunity to work with some of the country’s leading litigators on important social justice issues. The firm’s class actions are often national or regional in scope.
Information about the practice group and current class actions can be found on Wagners’ website: www.wagners.co
The ideal candidate:
• Has 3 or more years of litigation experience (class action experience is preferred but not required)
• Has been called to the bar in Nova Scotia, or is eligible to be
• Enjoys legal research and writing
• Is comfortable in court, or is willing to learn how to be
• Has strong legal writing skills
• Is not afraid to ask questions
• Is organized
• Desires working on a team
A competitive compensation and benefits package is being offered.
Interested candidates may send a resume and letter of intent to Maddy Carter at [email protected]
Recent graduates (fewer than 3 years of practice) are asked to please provide a copy of their law school transcript.
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 06/30/2023