Pressé Mason Barristers and Solicitors, located in Bedford, is seeking a full time legal assistant with 2 years experience, in the area of litigation/personal injury law.
The successful candidate will be proficient in MS Office with strong technical skills. Experience working with PCLaw is an asset. This position requires an ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all firm and client matters, strong interpersonal/communication skills as they will be required to communicate with clients and third parties both verbally and in writing on a regular basis, attention to detail and be well organized with an ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines effectively.
Duties of the position would include the following:
• Prepare, draft and review various correspondence and legal documents including pleadings, as per instructions provided by the lawyer;
• Liaise with opposing parties and the Law Courts to arrange appointments and exchange of documentation;
• Implement and maintain a limitation monitoring system and manage key dates, advising the lawyer of the same;
• Manage file progression to ensure timely steps are taken and advise the lawyer of potential delays or problems;
• Book appointments and maintain a manageable schedule for the lawyer;
• Manage a paper and digital filing system;
• Respond to client and other incoming calls, e-mails and correspondence in a timely and professional manner;
Pressé Mason offers a friendly and supportive/team work environment.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Group Health Plan is available.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 12/31/2021