Corporate Commercial Lawyer
Wickwire Holm is an established law firm located in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia. With fifteen lawyers assisted by an experienced team of support staff and paralegals, our firm strikes the balance between the opportunities provided by a large organization and the personal touch of a small firm. Our clients range from large multinational companies and chartered banks to individuals and local start-ups.
We have an immediate opening in Halifax for a lawyer experienced in the area of Corporate Commercial Law. The successful candidate will be a part of a dynamic business law team dealing with incorporations, all manner of commercial transactions, shareholders’ agreements, borrowing, reorganizations, tax planning, and leasing. The candidate will be expected to manage files independently with minimal supervision. This is a salaried partnership-track position with benefits and paid professional development opportunities.
Required Skills and Experience
• 5 years’ post-call experience in the area of Corporate and Commercial Law;
• MBA or Business Law designation is an asset;
• Must be a member in good standing of a provincial bar and eligible for membership in the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society;
• A commitment to client service;
• Strong communication skills;
• Time management skills (it will be a rare day that you will work on only one file);
• File management skills;
• Flexibility to address client needs as they arise;
• The ability to work collaboratively with others;
• The ability to find practical and creative solutions; and
• Interested in client development and marketing.
Wickwire Holm encourages its lawyers to take carriage of files and build relationships with clients early in their careers. If you are interested in doing challenging and rewarding work, please send your resume and cover letter to: Management Committee via email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 08/31/2021