Regulatory Compliance Partner
Who are we?
Founded in 1924, Irving Oil is a family-owned company with operations throughout Eastern Canada, New England and Ireland with a focus on providing exceptional service and high-quality products to our customers. Every day, we strive to put our good energy in action to bring families together, support the environment and local wildlife, and to create learning opportunities that empower the next generation.
Here’s what you can expect from us:
When you’re a part of our team, you’ll see how we bring good energy to our business and our employees. Together, we will support our corporate strategy, high standards and the communities where we live and work. Our collaborative approach, commitment to diversity and inclusion along with our safety-first culture helps reinforce our internal brand position where People Matter. That’s why we’re dedicated to the development of our employees, so that they can reach their career goals.
What you can expect in a typical day:
As a member of Irving Oil’s regulatory compliance team reporting to the Manager of Compliance Canada/US, you will support the development, implementation and management of regulatory compliance initiatives and processes to ensure compliance with Canadian and US legislation. As a key compliance subject matter expert, you will work in collaboration with other members of the Regulatory Compliance Team to provide strategic advice, support and guidance (technical and regulatory) to diverse areas and levels of the Company. This includes conducting compliance gap assessments, developing and implementing policies and standards and supporting training and education programs.
What you’ll need to succeed:
• Ability to research and gather information to support the business and develop internal controls within required deadlines
• Strong analytical skills to analyze regulatory requirements and business processes, identify compliance risks and priorities through compliance gaps assessment and improve processes
• Strong project management skills and ability to work with diverse stakeholders from different business areas and across various jurisdictions
• Leadership skills to actively engage with stakeholders from different business areas and across jurisdictions, to provide information or obtain input for the development of the Irving Oil regulatory compliance program
• Ability to chart a path forward by inspiring and engaging people, building plans, driving projects and initiatives to closure
• Ability to build and nurture effective and collaborative networks and relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
• Critical thinking and a willingness to question the status quo
• Ability to influence without authority and engage within diverse areas and levels
• Ability to adapt to change and deal with the unknown during the implementation phases of the Irving Oil compliance program
• Capacity to identify opportunities for and barriers to innovation
• Execution focused, and solution orientated
• Exceptional interpersonal relationship skills
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
Education and experience:
• Graduation from a post-secondary institution in a relevant discipline or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience relevant to this position.
• A Law or an engineering degree is considered an asset
• 5+ years’ experience interpreting and/or applying laws and regulations
• Proficiency in Microsoft software and tools (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS OneNote, MS SharePoint)
• 2+ years of experience in oil and gas industry is considered an asset
• Previous work with a regulatory agency is an asset
• Project management experience is an asset
Irving Oil supports a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants.
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 06/25/2021