Since 2008, MDW Law has been providing legal expertise in the areas of family, personal injury, mediation, and wills and estates. MDW Law boasts a team of over 30 dedicated professionals which includes 14 lawyers who value collaboration, integrity and client service. The team at MDW Law has earned the reputation of being leaders in their field.
Joining MDW Law is more than just a career, it’s about joining like-minded individuals who are truly passionate and strive for work/life balance. MDW Law is committed to providing an engaging and rewarding work environment that celebrates success. As MDW Law continues to grow, they are committed to investing in technology and their people to ensure high-quality client service.
The Paralegal will have a passion for client service and the motivation to work independently and efficiently. Keen attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to manage priorities are key to success in this position. Experience as a law firm professional for 2 to 5 years is required. We offer a competitive compensation package which includes a salary range of $45,000 – $60,000 depending on experience, health benefits and an RRSP matching program. MDW Law is even piloting a shortened work week beginning in February 2022. Every Friday, our offices are closed at 1:00 pm!
Interested candidates can send in their resumes and cover letter to Laura Kanaan via Laura@mdwlaw.ca.
MDW Law value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.
Family Law Paralegals provide assistance and support to lawyers by maintaining, drafting and organizing files to help ensure their duties are carried out efficiently and effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drafting applications, petitions, motions, pleadings, affidavits, orders, and all supporting documents including financial statements
• Drafting separation agreements and cohabitation agreements
• Creating debt and asset charts
• Divorcemate calculations
• Drafting routine correspondence to courts, clients, etc. including pre-conference summaries
• Reviewing and analyzing income and expense information
• Keeping track of filing deadlines
• Scheduling personal work
• Conducting legal research when necessary
• Running QC meetings with each lawyer on the status of all files and plotting out work
• Keeping files organized and up to date
• Providing good client service when gathering information from clients
• May be required to flex and assist in other departments depending on workflow
• Organizational skills to maintain multiple files for multiple cases at the same time
• Communication skills with clients and for relaying information to Lawyers and Legal Assistants
• Research skills when looking into case law and evidence
• Ability to work under pressure and within strict deadlines
• Able to handle conflict when communicating with clients
• Proficient with Office 365 including Excel
• Proficiency in PC Law
• Proficiency in Trialworks case management software
• Leadership skills
• Ability to work independently and follow instructions with minimal supervision
• Critical thinking and ability to make judgment calls
• 2 – 5 years’ experience as a family law professional is required
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 05/30/2022