NICKERSON JACQUARD RUSSELL LAW , YARMOUTH
Business is thriving, and we need a new Legal Assistant to join our team! Our dynamic environment is great place to learn and grow your legal administrative career supported by top notch colleagues and industry-leading technologies. Keeping reading to learn more!
The Legal Assistant will provide legal and administrative support, particularly in the areas of Corporate, Family, and Property Law and in the overall management of the assigned lawyer(s) practice. The Legal Assistant has responsibility for reception back-up coverage, overflow and coverage support for other staff, and some general office administrative duties.
Location: Yarmouth Town
Work Schedule: Standard work hours are 35 per week. Some flexibility and occasional overtime will be required.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1. Manage, coordinate, and ensure the smooth flow of work in the assigned lawyer(s) practice.
2. General administrative duties including file and records management, dictation, scheduling and arranging appointments, and managing incoming and outgoing mail, e-mail, and telephone calls.
3. Ensuring client inquiries are dealt with promptly and efficiently
4. Maintaining accurate and current status records for client matters
5. Prepare and review correspondence and legal documents at lawyer’s request and direction.
6. Deal efficiently with matters on an emergency basis, including last-minute preparation of documents, prioritizing matters on a regular basis throughout the day and rescheduling lawyer’s day on short notice when required by contacting clients, other lawyers, etc.
7. Charting and keeping track of complex matters, includes logging of information related to multiple companies and accounts.
8. Entry of lawyer’s time into the Accounting system for purposes of client billing, including accurately determining the correct matter for each entry.
9. Entry of disbursements into the Accounting system
10. Coordinating monthly billing process, sending out invoices and reminder notices to clients, following up on overdue accounts
11. Providing overflow administrative support for the office, including reception and assistant coverage as well as project work as required
12. Ordering of office supplies for the office as needed
13. Periodic cleaning of shared spaces in the office
14. Taking care of deliveries and office mail when needed
15. Policies/Procedures – Ensuring adherence at all times to firm policies and procedures that have been established
16. Back-up Support & Coverage – Where the work for the assigned lawyer(s) is completed and in the situation where colleagues are on vacation or otherwise away from the office, assisting with fellow staff members’ responsibilities to ensure the office operates at optimum efficiency and service standards
17. Other – Additional duties as assigned based on the firm’s requirements
· Post-secondary education in Paralegal studies or equivalent knowledge/experience
· Prior legal administrative experience in the areas of Corporate, Estate, and Property Law
· Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
· Demonstrate discretion and sound judgement with a high degree of integrity and trust in handling of highly sensitive confidential information
· Ability to effectively prioritize, track, and follow-up on outstanding items with all parties including lawyers, colleagues and clients.
· Calm under pressure with superior interpersonal skills
· Strong time management with the capacity to meet deadlines and manage multiple competing priorities
· Strong analytical skills to effectively think a problem through and offer resolutions
· Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills, including proper spelling and grammar
· Excellent typing ability, including attention to detail and accuracy
· Energetic, flexible, and willing to pitch in whenever necessary, including additional hours as required
· Basic Accounting skills
· Highly computer literate and able to learn new technology efficiently
The new Legal Assistant is needed as soon as possible. If you are interested and meet the requirements of this position, please apply with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 07/31/2021