Reports to: General Counsel
Our client, a leading privately held Canadian manufacturing company with over 2000 employees is seeking to hire a Corporate Counsel. Based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, the role will report directly to the General Counsel and will engage directly with the business on a myriad of legal issues that arise from the operation of a large complex business. The Corporate Counsel will be an enthusiastic and action-oriented lawyer and key member of the legal team who will operate within a dynamic and fast-paced environment and provide a broad range of legal and commercial advice to the business.
The ideal candidate is a member in good standing of the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society or eligible to become one and brings 3+ years of corporate/commercial legal experience gained from a top tier law firm and/or as In-House Counsel. The ideal candidate brings excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational and time-management skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities. He/she brings strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization. Experience with government procurement or intellectual property law is an asset but is not required.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Providing timely, responsive, and proactive legal advice to the company, on all aspects of their commercial relationships.
• Analyzing and advising on complex commercial contracts for goods and services.
• Drafting contracts and supporting business professionals in contract negotiations.
• Advising on procurement processes and their successful execution in accordance with applicable law and other government requirements.
• Providing legal and commercial advice on a wide range of topics.
• Advising on disputes that develop with third parties.
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to email@example.com. We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 06/16/2022