CORPORATE ASSOCIATE, LSC HALIFAX
ABOUT THE LSC
Opened in 2015 and based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, the Torys Legal Services Centre (LSC) was designed to seamlessly enhance the value we provide our clients by providing all Torys offices with fully integrated and specialized expertise in essential corporate services.
Our bright, open concept office space allows for collaboration among team members. At the LSC, we are focused on working differently – this is your chance to be a part of cutting-edge legal process development and innovation hub.
We are currently seeking an associate to join our Legal Services Centre (LSC) in Halifax, Nova Scotia. This is a unique role as your work will be focused with one of our key clients. You will work closely with your team to ensure a high level of efficiency, timeliness, accuracy and expertise in reviewing, drafting and filing complex, public documents.
We are seeking someone who,
• can adapt easily to new processes and technologies and who wants to engage in important work for a prestigious client in a flexible and collaborative setting;
• has a willingness to learn and develop and has a strong sense of initiative and personal accountability;
• is able to work flexible hours when required to meet client demands; and
• has excellent judgment, highly skilled with regards to attention to detail, time management and organization, and superior communication skills.
This is a non-partnership track long-term career role, ideal for a lawyer who prefers to focus on practising law. You will not have to devote time to marketing or client development. We will provide the training you need to succeed in this role.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will:
• have at least one year of experience as a corporate associate and be in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario or the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society;
• have exceptional attention to detail and willingness to collaborate;
• have superior client service skills and a strong work ethic;
• be highly organized, self-motivated and proactive; eager to take ownership of projects and able to advance work independently;
• be team-oriented with exceptional interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and a commitment to shared success;
• have the ability to deal easily with ambiguity and change, including changing priorities, timelines and processes;
• have the ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple hard deadlines;
• have excellent judgment and the ability to embrace new challenges and focus on continuing professional development; and
• have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and other Microsoft applications, along with experience working in a document management system and using a time entry billing system.
Torys LLP is a highly respected international business law firm with offices in Toronto, New York, Calgary, Montréal and Halifax. We focus on maintaining long-term relationships with Canadian and international clients who demand the best advice and service from their outside counsel. We believe that our continuing success over many years has come from adherence to our core values of excellence, client service, collaboration, long-term thinking and utmost professionalism and integrity. Dedication to professional excellence and outstanding client service is Torys’ hallmark. Of equal importance is our commitment to maintaining a collegial working environment – one that brings together individuals with diverse backgrounds, personalities and styles in an atmosphere of friendship and team spirit. As a Torys employee, you will enjoy both an exciting, fast-paced work environment and a supportive, collegial and team-based culture. At Torys, we take pride in our ability to attract and retain individuals who excel in their respective fields. We do this by providing stimulating work and learning and development opportunities, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should forward their resume in confidence to Kimberly Sheldrake-Head, Senior Manager, Professional Resources at email@example.com.
At Torys we are committed to diversity in the recruitment, retention and advancement of our people. We believe that diversity of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives enhances the quality of our work and enriches our lives. We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities. If you require immediate accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please contact Kim Sheldrake-Head.
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 04/29/2021