Workplace Health and Safety Regulations (WHSRs) Phase II: Input due by Feb. 27, 2015
The Department of Labour and Advanced Education continues its consultation process for Phase 2 of the Workplace Health and Safety Regulations. Complete details are posted on the OHS page. Please note, the original December 19, 2014 deadline for comments/submissions has been extended to February 27, 2015.
As you may be aware, we are currently in phase two of a three-year consolidation and amendment of the regulations under the authority of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, which will form the Workplace Health and Safety Regulations (the "WHSRs"). The WHSRs are meant to be more user-friendly, ensure consistency with national standards, and improve workplace health and safety.
- Occupational Health;
- First Aid;
- Sanitation and Accommodation;
- Personal Protective Equipment;
- Excavation and Trenching;
- Blasting Safety;
- Confined Spaces;
- Surface Mine Workings;
- Occupational Diving; and
- Committees and Representatives.
- Discussion workshops (completed in November and early December 2014);
- Targeted focus groups (December 2014)
- "What We've heard" workshops (January and February 2015).