There are currently vacancies on the Society’s Court of Appeal Liaison Committee. The Committee seeks representation from the civil litigation (private sector) and family law bars.
The objective of the Court of Appeal Liaison Committee is to provide a means for ongoing liaison and communication between the Court of Appeal and the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society about matters of mutual concern and interest. There are three main tasks for the Committee:
- to identify practice and policy issues of mutual concern and interest;
- to recommend means for addressing these issues; and
- to communicate the results of this process to the Court and to the Society for further communication to the profession or elsewhere.
The Committee meets twice per year. Committee members are not required to attend meetings in person and can participate via conference call.
If you’re interested in being considered for appointment to this Liaison Committee, please send the following materials to Tilly Pillay, NSBS Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 22, 2020:
- A completed Skills & Attributes Matrix
- A brief expression of interest (max. 1 page)
- A brief resume (1-2 pages)
We value diversity on our committees and welcome applications from all employment equity groups.
Questions? please contact Jane Willwerth, Governance, Policy & Planning Advisor, at email@example.com.