Join the Society & LIANS Thursday, November 5th, 2020 from 9:00 AM-4:00 PM for the 12th annual Solo and Small Firm Conference.
You’re invited to attend this virtual conference in the morning (9:00 AM-12:00 PM), in the afternoon (1:00-4:00 PM) or all day (9:00 AM-4:00 PM). This event, typically held in person at a cost, is a free online event hosted via Zoom & sessions may be eligible to count towards your annual CPD
- “Matters Before the (Virtual) Courts: Today and Tomorrow” with Nova Scotia Supreme Court Justice Christa Brothers
- “Zoom for Lawyers”
- “LIANS Update: Claims Processes, Office Management, and the New Cyber Insurance Coverage” with Lawrence Rubin, LIANS Director of Insurance
- “Current Equity Issues: Identifying and Mitigating Biases in Your Practice; the NSBS Survey on Gender Discrimination and Harassment; and Building Your Cultural Competence” with Angela Simmonds, NSBS Equity & Access Manager; Jack Townsend, NSBS Gender Equity Committee member; and Jamie Vacon, TRC Working Group (Co-Chair)
- Taxation of the Work-In-Progress of a Professional” with Natacha Poirier, Senior Manager of Tax Services with Ernst and Young
- “LRO Appeals Process and Other Developments” with Theresa Graham, Registrar General
- “Trust Accounts: Managing Risk with Old Balances” with Marcelline Madamombe, NSBS Trust Assurance and Rob McCleave, NSBS Legal Service Support
- “Managing Your Time and Energy” with Homewood Health™
- “And So Who Might You Be? Current Regulations and Virtual Best Practices with Cash Transactions, Client Identification/Verification, and Trust Accounts” with Elaine Cumming, NSBS Professional Responsibility Counsel; and Bernadine MacAulay, NSBS General Counsel
Please register individually for either the morning or afternoon session, or for each/both. There is a maximum of 500 logins per session.
You’ll receive a confirmation email for each session that you choose to register for (morning and/or afternoon). You’ll also receive details on how to use Zoom (the online webinar program software) prior to the online event.
Can’t join us online on November 5th? The session recordings will be available after the event and may still be eligible as CPD hours.
Questions? Contact Cynthia Neild at firstname.lastname@example.org.