Our office is closed to the public & members until further notice. We are available remotely or by appointment during our office hours (Monday-Friday from 8:30 AM-4:30 PM).
Here’s how you can connect with us:
- Call our main switchboard at 902-422-1491
- Email our staff – review our staff directory
- Drop mail/parcels in our designated drop boxes outside of our office
- Book an appointment by contacting our staff by email or calling our main switchboard at 902-422-1491. Please note that during the pandemic, we will only have face to face meeting as a last resort and strict protocols will be in place for all in person meetings.
- If you need law stamps or to pick anything up from us, please contact our main switchboard at 902-422-1491 to arrange for contactless pick up.
- If you arrive at our office and are unsure what to do, please use the phone outside our office and dial “0” to speak to our receptionist
The Society’s Library continues to be closed until further notice. Library staff are available for research and reference assistance during our office hours Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm by emailing email@example.com or calling 1 866-219-1202 (toll-free).
We are currently accepting returns and requests to borrow materials using “curbside” pick-up and drop-off. Please request materials by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will advise when to come pick up your materials.
The Barristers’ Gowning room is currently closed to members as we are unable to monitor for cleaning and sanitization. If you require access because you left robes or anything in a locker, please contact the library (email@example.com or call 1 866-219-1202 toll free) & we will arrange to get the items.
NSBS Holiday Hours
The Society will be closed for the holidays from December 24, 2020–January 3, 2021. We will reopen remotely (review how to connect with us remotely or by appointment) Monday, January 4, 2021.
The Society’s Library in the Halifax Law Courts, which is physically closed until further notice, will not be staffed or accepting returns or request to borrow materials using “curbside” pick-up and drop-off from December 22, 2020-January 3, 2021. The Library will reopen remotely for inquiries and requests for curbside pick-up and drop-off Monday, January 4, 2021. Please also wait until January 4, 2021, to return any materials.