The Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society is providing a suite of electronic resources from LexisNexis at the Halifax and Sydney Barristers’ libraries. Content includes…
Lexis Advance® Quicklaw® providing insightful commentary, authoritative texts & treatises, and easy-to-use quantum tools in addition to a robust collection of court & tribunal decisions and legislation.
- Reference Canada’s most-cited black letter statement of the law, the Halsbury’s Laws of Canada multijurisdictional legal encyclopedia.
- Access judicial consideration of over 31,000 English and Latin terms and phrases with Canadian Words & Phrases.
- Confidently rely on caselaw and legislation with robust records of history & judicial consideration in the Quickcite caselaw & statute citator.
- Simplify complex legislative research with annotated legislation.
- Efficiently stay current in your area of practice with LexisNexis Netletters.
- Access a robust collection of commentary including journals, newsletters and reviews.
- Benchmark awards with Canada Quantums awards databases.
NEW within Lexis Advance® Quicklaw: Pleadings, Motions & Facta
Save time, build a stronger case, and gain a competitive edge by leveraging this curated collection of filings based on seminal decisions from 2015 onward. Confident of the quality of the collection, litigators can research and leverage the arguments and materials from previously decided cases that achieved their desired outcomes, providing them with the ability to:
- Assess the strength of their case early on,
- Understand the legal arguments that have led to the desired outcomes,
- Draft better pleadings, motions, facta & other litigation related documents for stronger arguments, and
- Conduct due diligence to ensure they have not missed anything in their argument.
LexisNexis Practical Guidance® drafting tool provides step-by-step guidance in managing matters and completing tasks efficiently while avoiding potential pitfalls.
Gain know-how from authoritative Practice Notes, on-point precedents and extensive resources to help you complete your matters. Identify legal and procedural issues and solve them quickly, without the necessity of getting overwhelmed with legal history or theory.
- Precedents, Clauses and Forms
- Practice Notes
- Checklists, Tables & Flowcharts
- Smart Charts
- Articles & Current Awareness
- Skills Centre
- Transactions Search powered by Intelligize®
- Smart Forms
- SEDAR content available through Lexis® Securities Mosaic® (included in select offerings).
- Resource Kits
How you benefit
• Quickly gain the critical know-how to accomplish matters
• Find the resources you need in one place
• Maximize your efficiency with intuitive tools
• Reduce onboarding time for associates
• Stay current on practice trends and legal issues
• Read our bi-monthly newsletter
• Decrease nonbillable hours
• Be ready when business opportunities arise
For further information about access these resources please contact the Society’s Library staff at email@example.com or call (902) 425-2665. Complimentary training (CPD accredited, Professionalism hours) may be arranged by contacting LexisNexis at firstname.lastname@example.org. Self learning materials are available at https://www.lexisnexis.ca/en-ca/training/training-resources.page.