A Council Election will be held in Halifax District from March 1-15, 2021. Seven practising lawyers will be vying for the four Halifax District seats on Council.
All members in good standing in the Halifax District are eligible to vote for four members to be elected to Council for the 2021-2023 term. Your district corresponds to your current mailing address on file at the Society. Review the district map.
Here’s how to vote in the upcoming election:
- First, review the bios and election essays of the seven candidates vying for the four Halifax District seats on Council.
- Voting opens at 8:00 AM Monday, March 1, 2021.
- Prior to 8:00 AM you will receive your unique voting credentials (username and password) from eBallot and a link to vote via your preferred email address on file with the Society.
- If you did not receive a copy of the email with your login credentials, please check your Junk/Spam folder on your email account. If you still cannot locate your voting credentials, please connect with us at email@example.com.
- Use your unique username and password provided in the email to log in to our online voting platform eBallot. This election system, which we have used in past elections, keeps votes completely confidential. We cannot find out who votes for whom and only know who has voted.
- Once you have logged in you can select up to 4 candidates.
- Once you have made your selection, click continue and eBallot will ask you to review your selection and click on a consent form confirming you have reviewed your section.
- Once you click submit your votes are cast and you cannot make any changes.
- Voting closes Monday, March 15, 2021, at 4:00 PM.
- Candidates are elected by the total number of votes received. eBallot tallies the votes.
- The elected candidate names will be posted to our website under our news feed and Council Election page.
Questions or support? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902 422-1491.