The Society’s Professional Standards (Family Law) Committee is seeking members, including collaborative family law practitioners, who have:
- considerable practice experience from family law bars or in law firm management;
- an understanding of the role the Society’s professional standards play in enhancing the quality of practice; and
- a commitment to developing professional standards that will both assist lawyers in their practices and are practical in setting.
This committee develops standards for approval by Council that will enhance the quality of practice of the profession and law office management. Currently, the committee is revising standards, considering possible new standards, and examining the TRC recommendations in relation to its work.
Committee members meet approximately once every two months and members can participate via conference call. If assigned develop a standard, additional time for research, drafting, editing, etc. will be required, which may range from 15-20 hours total on average.
If you’re interested in being considered for appointment to the Professional Standards (Family Law) Committee, please send the following to Katie Lister, Governance, Policy & Planning Advisor, at email@example.com by October 21, 2020:
- A completed Skills & Attributes Matrix
- A brief expression of interest (max. 1 page)
- A brief resume (1-2 pages)
We value diversity on our committees and welcome applications from all employment equity groups.
Questions? Please contact Katie Lister, Governance, Policy & Planning Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.