The Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society is currently seeking members who are interested in serving as the Nominee of the Society to the Judicial Advisory Committee for Nova Scotia (Federal). The Society will submit three candidates for selection by the Federal Minister of Justice. The successful nominee will complete a two-year term commencing October 1, 2022.
Interested individuals may wish to familiarize themselves with the Guidelines for Judicial Advisory Committee Members. Potential nominees will be selected with the following considerations in mind:
- geographic representation;
- gender balance;
- ethnic and cultural diversity;
- representation of persons with a disability;
- gender identity/expression and sexual orientation;
- clear understanding of the requirements and commitment to making a contribution to the judicial appointment process and
- strict adherence to confidentiality
Individuals interested in being considered for the appointment should send the following materials to the Manager of Human Resources and Operations, Sharon Cox, at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 12, 2022:
- A completed Skills & Attributes Matrix
- A brief expression of interest (max. 1 page)
- A recent resume
Applications will be vetted through the Society’s Nominating Committee before submission to the Minister. The nominated candidates will be required to complete additional documents for the Federal Government.
If you have questions or require assistance, please contact Sharon Cox at email@example.com.