RISK AND PRACTICE MANAGEMENT TIP: Spring cleaning your law office
Maybe Mother Nature has us all fooled but with springlike weather upon us, now is the time to start thinking about spring cleaning your office. Here are tips to help you spring forward:
- Think about culling and digitizing recently closed files and back them up in more than one spot. Once culled, digitized and backed up, you are no longer required to keep that hard copy, freeing up some space in your filing room.
- Look at your online profile and website. Is it current? Is it being maintained? Is your website user friendly and easy to navigate?
- Declutter your email inbox and clear out spam and junk mail. Review your business email and determine whether it requires action or whether it should be filed it in the appropriate folder.
- Review your office procedures: are they working? Are they current?
- Review your HR files: are they current?
- Review your business files: are the leases due to expire soon? Does your office equipment need updating? Does your computer software need upgrading and does it sync with your digital world?
- Spring forward by putting a spring in your step: have a team meeting and establish some goals for the upcoming year!
Spring is a wonderful time to get reenergized and organized – it’s also the time to review your best practices to ensure you stay organized!
If you have any questions on these or any other risk- or practice-related matters, do not hesitate to contact Stacey Gerrard, LIANS Counsel with the Risk and Practice Management Program, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902 423 1300 ext. 345.