Awards and congratulatory messagesNominate a Lawyer for the 2019 Distinguished Service Award by May 31st
The Society’s Distinguished Service Award, established in 1999, recognizes outstanding lawyers who have contributed significantly to their community, the legal profession and to the Society. Nominations may be submitted by both lawyers and members of the public.
The Distinguished Service Award Committee reviews the nominations and makes a recommendation to Council based on these considerations:
- Integrity: The recipient is of unimpeachably good character, with a reputation for the highest professional integrity.
- Professional achievement: The recipient is amongst the leaders in the practice of law or the academic realm.
- Service to the profession: The recipient has made long-term, exceptional volunteer contributions to the legal profession and the Society.
- Community service: The recipient is an outstanding contributor to the community, through volunteer service and a commitment to making the world a better place.
- Reform: The recipient has made an outstanding contribution to the betterment of the law or the improvement of the justice system.
- Overall: The recipient espouses the highest ideals of the legal profession and is a person to whom all members of the profession can look for inspiration.
The 2018 recipient was Lawrence (Larry) K. Evans QC. See all of the past Distinguished Service Award Recipients here.
Questions? Please contact Julia Schabas, Governance Officer, at 902 422 1491 ext. 316 or email@example.com.