Volunteer Board Member: The Marguerite Centre
The Marguerite Centre is an 11-bed, long-term residential facility for women in recovery from addictions and abuse. We believe in the right for women to recover from their addictions in a safe residential setting where their unique needs will be met, their issues addressed and their voices heard. Our woman-centered, holistic approach to programming empowers women to create their own path to healing and recovery. Located in the Halifax Regional Municipality, the Centre is staffed 24 hours a day and it is the only facility of its kind for women in Nova Scotia. A number of new board appointments now need to be made.
- Contribute to overall strategy and direction through effective participation at meetings
- Ensure that the Centre continues to operate independently and with integrity
- Act as an ambassador for the Centre, promoting its work among stakeholders
- Possess an understanding legal issues surrounding the Not-For-Profit business world
- Have a desire to work with a Board Team to steward our Strategic Plan and provide the perspective of legal navigation
- Commitment to the Mission of the Centre
A briefing package, containing full application details can be obtained by contacting Lisa Mullin, Executive Director email@example.com or requesting by telephone 902-444-3089.