Society newsThe Society Record, Vol. 34 No. 2: Cracking the Code
The Fall 2016 edition of The Society Record is now available online.
The new issue’s cover feature examines recent updates to the Code of Professional Conduct, with content provided by members of the Society’s Code of Professional Conduct Committee.
See the new edition for these articles and more:
Special cover feature:
• Keeping the Code current – Frank E. DeMont QC, Second Vice-President and Chair of the Code of Professional Conduct Committee
• Doing business with clients – Angus Gibbon & Stephen McGrath
• Self-regulation, professional responsibility and the duty to report – Professors Richard Devlin, Jocelyn Downie & Sheila Wildeman
• Conflicts and confidentiality: Lawyer transfers between firms – T. Arthur Barry QC, John Kulik QC & Susan Hayes
• Physical evidence of a crime: Clarifying the rules for lawyers – Dale Darling & Denise Smith QC
- “Lawyer participation in the new regulatory world,” a new column by President R. Daren Baxter QC, TEP
- 2016 Recognition Reception
- Photo essay: “Legally Proud” at the 2016 Pride Reception & Parade
- Volunteer Profile: Free Legal Clinic delivers a vital service – Michael Lightstone
- Volunteer Profile: Refugee Sponsorship Support Program – Julie Sobowale
- Actions not words: Lawyers and the First World War – Barry Cahill
- LIANS – Tips from the Risk & Practice Management Program
- In Memoriam: The Honourable Lorne O. Clarke QC, former Chief Justice of Nova Scotia
The Spring 2017 edition of the magazine will be published in April. The deadline for advertising and content is Friday, March 3, 2017. For more details, see the Society Record ratecard & submission guidelines.