RegulationLegal Services Regulation Update: Second edition now online
The Legal Services Regulation Update is an electronic newsletter with information and progress reports on the Society’s transforming regulation initiative. Featured contents include a blog from the Entity Regulation Steering Committee, innovation profiles, news, upcoming consultations, FAQs, glossary definitions and more.
The second edition of this new bimonthly publication is now available online: http://nsbs.org/legal-services-regulation-update
Highlights in the September issue:
- BLOG: "Risk assessment: A key element in fire prevention - and proactive regulation," by Andrew Garbutt, Member, Entity Regulation Steering Committee; Independent Risk and Regulation Consultant, former Director for Risk, Solicitors’ Regulation Authority of England and Wales;
- A new name: ‘Legal services regulation’
- Council considering scope of regulation of legal services
- Regulation reform: A cross-Canada checkup, by Darrel Pink, Executive Director
- New reports and resources online
- Innovation profiles: Pivot Legal Society, Lexbox
Also have a look around the new Legal Services Regulation area of the website, which is frequently updated as the Society's future regulatory framework continues to evolve. It's the top item in the dropdown menu under the Regulation tab.
For a quick summary at a glance, see this chart: Laying the foundation for legal services regulation.
If you would like to receive the Legal Services Regulation Update e-newsletter directly via email, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also please send us your feedback, questions and suggestions!