CourtsArchived webcasts available for hearing in TWU application for judicial review
Archived webcasts are available for last week’s hearing into Trinity Western University's application for judicial review of the NSBS Council decision relating to TWU’s proposed law school.
The Complex Chambers Hearing took place at Nova Scotia Supreme Court from December 16 through 19, 2014, with the Hon. Justice Jamie Campbell presiding. To see video of the proceedings, visit the Archive of Recent Webcasts page on the Courts of Nova Scotia website.
As the hearing concluded on Friday, December 19, Justice Campbell told the court he expects to deliver a decision sometime in January or February. He also thanked lawyers representing all parties for their professionalism throughout the complicated hearing.
Visit the Society’s TWU public input page for links to the following legal briefs and other documents filed by the applicant (TWU), the respondent (NSBS) and a number of interveners:
- Respondent's Brief (NSBS) – November 18, 2014
- The Attorney General of Canada – November 7, 2014
- Association for Reformed Political Action (ARPA) Canada – October 28, 2014
- Canadian Council of Christian Charities (CCCC) – October 28, 2014
- Catholic Civil Rights League (CCRL) and Faith and Freedom Alliance – October 28, 2014
- Christian Legal Fellowship (CLF) – October 28, 2014
- Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms (JCCF) – October 28, 2014
- Evangelical Fellowship of Canada (EFC) and Christian Higher Education Canada (CHEC) – October 27, 2014
- Applicant's Brief (Trinity Western University) – October 20, 2014
- Affidavit of Darrel Pink – September 23, 2014
- Affidavit of Elise Chenier – September 23, 2014
- Affidavit of Mary Bryson – September 22, 2014
- Notice of Participation (NSBS) – June 23, 2014
- Notice for Judicial Review (TWU) – May 29, 2014