After more than 70 years, Price remains a privately held family company with a deep heritage and commitment to innovation and service. Our founding principles have never changed:
• Business integrity,
• first-class service,
• innovation, and
• commitment to people and communities.
Price industries is one of the largest manufacturers and suppliers of air distribution products in North America. Our quality, industry leading shipping standards, and knowledgeable and dependable service have made Price a market leader in supplying air distribution, critical controls, and noise control products. Throughout this pandemic Price has been instrumental in the fight against COVID-19 by providing research on air quality and pathogens as well as supplying critical environment health care products for hospitals, pharmacies and isolation rooms.
We are currently searching for in-house legal counsel, based within our Corporate Headquarters in Winnipeg. This is a newly created executive position to work alongside our senior business leaders and Board of Directors. In this role, you will provide effective and strategic legal advice on a variety of issues including legal guidance on general corporate matters, acquisitions, financing, immigration, employment, litigation, company strategy, risk management and corporate governance.
Your role will be to manage the legal and compliance functions and coordinate with our external counsel when and if needed.
This is a full time, permanent position that will support our core businesses: Price Industries, E.H. Price, E.H. Price International, APEL Aluminum Extrusions, AROW Global, and Twa Panel Systems as well as its international management and holding companies, Anvil Management Limited, and Anvil Investments Limited. In total, this global group of companies employ over 3,000 employees and has revenues in excess of $700 Million.
• Provide timely, proactive and solution-oriented legal advice to all business units including the development and negotiation of corporate contracts.
• Develop risk management policies, procedures and programs to support business units and ensure compliance with regulatory body rules and regulations.
• Lead and manage litigation on behalf of the company.
• Provide guidance on corporate governance, prepare and maintain corporate documents, filings and registrations.
• Support business transactions, including mergers, acquisitions and financings.
• Oversee intellectual property protection and compliance, including any patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secrets.
WHO YOU ARE
• LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
• Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
• 15+ years of relevant experience.
• Superior interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills and an established record of providing proactive, collaborative, business-friendly advice.
• Strong business acumen.
• Highly motivated and independent self-starter.
• Fast-paced, dynamic individual with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at a time.
• Excellent work ethic and collaborative skills.
• Sound judgment, with a strong business acumen.
Price Industries Limited hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including all genders, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at Price. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at HR@priceindustries.com.
Interested applicants should submit their resumes with cover letter and salary expectations to HR@priceindustries.com by October 30, 2020. We offer a comprehensive salary range and benefits package.
We appreciate the interest shown by all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
|Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 10/30/2020|