One of Halifax’s leading law firms, Burchells LLP, is currently recruiting for a full-time, permanent transactions paralegal.
Burchells LLP provides a wide range of legal services to regional, national and international clients, including multinational corporations, small business owners, major banks, individuals, insurance companies and all levels of government.
Providing support to the lawyers of Burchells is a group of hard working and enthusiastic professionals who take pride in exceptional client service and team work.
• The Paralegal will work alongside a senior paralegal and two lawyers.
• The Paralegal will provide assistance with completing commercial property and financing transactions from start to finish. This will include drafting security documents associated with financings, drafting adjustments, facilitating advances, completing customary due diligence searches, and dealing direct with financial institutions.
• The Paralegal will enhance the group’s effectiveness and the delivery of quality legal services through production of timely, accurate work that meets our work standard.
• Formal Paralegal Education (include transcript with application) is an asset.
• Experience as a property paralegal and with commercial financing transactions is an asset.
• Sound judgment in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
• Flexibility, initiative, organization and prioritization skills are critical.
• Attention to detail and accuracy are a must.
• Strong communication skills.
• Excellent spelling and grammar skills.
• Takes pride in a job done well.
• Excellent computer knowledge – full Microsoft Office Suite.
• Knowledge of other software programs will be considered an asset.
• Above average ability to work in a team environment with all members of the firm.
Burchells offers a competitive salary and full comprehensive benefit package.
Please visit our website www.burchells.ca to learn more about our firm.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Charlene F. Harrison
Application review begins as applications are received. Position will remain open until filled. We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon a satisfactory background check.
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 09/30/2020