Manulife seeks transactional lawyers with 4 to 10 years of meaningful work experience involving the structuring, negotiating and managing of complex transactions including (i) private equity investment transactions, (ii) private equity fund raising and fund management, (iv) senior and junior debt transactions, including private placements, and (iv) mergers/acquisitions. This position works closely with the company’s investment management business and its front-office teams that originate investments around the world. The position will also collaborate with other business teams and legal colleagues in Canada, the United States and internationally to support asset origination, investment management, fundraising and corporate initiatives.
The successful candidates will have deep knowledge of private equity transactions, including both collective investment vehicles and direct investments across a variety of asset classes and industries, as well as fundraising, and familiarity with debt transactions of various types. Experience in cross-border transactions, project finance, infrastructure transactions and/or workouts and restructurings enhances any candidacy. Above all, we seek colleagues who act as trusted advisors and broad problem solvers to partner with business clients to develop prudent, creative solutions that advance and protect the company’s interests.
• Partner with internal clients to analyze and structure opportunities
• Review, analyze and negotiate agreements
• Manage transaction processes from origination through closing
• Direct outside counsel in connection with transactions and other investment matters
• Keep abreast of legal, regulatory and market developments
• Apply legal principles in a practical way to support and protect the company
• Provide general corporate advice to support the company’s investment businesses and operations
• Juris Doctor with 4 +years meaningful experience
• Must be (or become) licensed to practice law in Ontario, Nova Scotia or Massachusetts (depending on primary location)
• Integrity, collegiality, team orientation, and professionalism
• Strong analytical abilities, excellent judgment and superior communication skills
• Prior work experience at a major law firm and/or in a corporate environment
• Ability to work effectively with clients and colleagues remotely and across the globe
• Adaptability to shifting demands in an evolving environment
We bring a bold ambition and set of goals to drive transformation in our industry, a mission for “Decisions made easier. Lives made better”, a leadership team dedicated to your growth and success as well as our best, every day!
Position can be located in Halifax, NS or Toronto, ON
If interested please apply via: https://manulife.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/MFCJH_Jobs/job/Toronto-Ontario/Transactional-Lawyer_JobReq0420355-1
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 03/15/2021