Taylor MacLellan Cochrane proudly traces its roots in the Annapolis Valley back to 1835 when the founding Partners opened the very first law office in the Kings County Shire Town of Kentville. Since those early days, Taylor MacLellan Cochrane has become one of the largest law firms in Nova Scotia outside of metropolitan Halifax serving clients throughout the Atlantic Provinces with offices in Kentville, Kingston and Windsor.
We are currently seeking a full-time Operations/Accounting Assistant to join our team. The successful candidate will represent the public face of the firm at our Kentville location.
· Assisting with the review of time dockets.
· Preparation and distribution of electronic pre-bills.
· Editing of pre-bills in the accounting software.
· Preparing monthly invoices in the accounting software.
· Saving pre-bills and final invoices.
· Submitting invoices to clients via email.
· Communicating with lawyers, paralegals, and clients regarding billing issues.
· Preparation of write-down and write-off forms
· Corresponding with clients and answering queries regarding their account.
· Maintaining and updating clients’ accounts folders..
Qualifications and Skills:
· Minimum 1- 2 years of experience working in an administrative accounting support role, ideally in a law firm.
· Strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, and PCLaw or similar law accounting software.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· The ability to multitask, prioritize and work well under pressure.
· The ability to follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines.
· The ability to work independently and within a team.
· A client centered approach with the commitment to providing outstanding service.
· Dedicated to providing service beyond expectation.
· The ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, and confidentiality; and
· The ability to adapt to changing demands.
Work With Us:
Taylor Maclellan Cochrane offers a competitive salary and full comprehensive benefit package. Please note only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you have these qualifications and are interested in a career opportunity as a Receptionist with a busy law firm, please send your cover letter and resume
Experience desirable but not essential. Training will be provided for the right candidate.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 05/31/2021