Patterson Law is currently looking for an ambitious and diligent lawyer to bolster our tax team as an associate. This opportunity will provide a junior lawyer with the mentoring, education and experience necessary to develop a career in tax. Working alongside two experienced and well-respected tax lawyers, the successful candidate will be exposed to a variety of tax transactions and be introduced to the Halifax tax community. The successful candidate will also work on other corporate, commercial and estate planning transactions under the guidance of our tax team in order to ensure a well-rounded practice and experience.
• Must be a member in good standing of a provincial bar and eligible for membership in the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
• Driven to focus on tax-related legal services
• Excellent technical, problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Detail oriented and self-motivated
• Strong work ethic and sense of responsibility
• Committed to pursuing ongoing tax education through structured and personal learning opportunities
Interested candidates should apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Patterson Law is an established Nova Scotia law firm with offices in Truro, Halifax, New Glasgow and Bridgewater and with clients whose interests range from global to purely local. Our more than 130 lawyers and staff are dedicated to meeting our clients’ diverse legal needs. Our Halifax tax team includes Kate Harris and Jennifer Talbot, who together have over 37 years of experience in the practice of tax. Kate and Jennifer work closely together and have established practices that continue to grow. Their tax work primarily focuses on corporate reorganizations, but also includes succession planning, high net-work estate planning and tax litigation. They are active in the local tax community and the Canadian Tax Foundation.
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 03/29/2020