Specialist, Real Property Management
At J.D. Irving, Limited, you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has operations in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador), and the United States. We are a team of more than 15,000 dedicated employees.
The J.D. Irving Group of Companies has a significant real property portfolio within Canada and the United States, which is managed within J.D. Irving Woodlands Division due to the fact the portfolio includes more than 3.2 million acres of forest holdings. JDI’s Woodlands Division is currently seeking a motivated legal professional to fill the role of Specialist, Real Property Management.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a paralegal seeking a role within a business outside of the standard in-house legal department opportunities. The successful candidate will support the management and administration of JDI’s real property portfolio, including JDI’s property management system and processes. The successful candidate will support the J.D. Irving Group for Companies with the businesses’ real estate requirements, including significant land transaction such as purchases, sales, leases, and easements, among other things.
The position will report to the Director, Real Property Management in JDI’s Woodlands Division, and will work closely with JDI’s Legal Department as well as each of the JDI businesses requiring support. It will be located at 300 Union Street, Saint John, New Brunswick.
• Administration of JDI’s property management system (Landfolio) covering all JDI properties.
• Coordinating with the JDI Legal Department and/or external counsel as necessary.
• Ensuring the property ownership data is accurate and up to date.
• Facilitating trades, swaps, purchases and other agreements specific to land (e.g. easements, licenses, etc.).
• Assisting operations with real property related questions and analysis.
• Coordinating information exchange with regulatory bodies.
• Administering the annual tax reporting and payment as well as supporting others in the review of property assessments and appeals.
• Administering annual lease or rental payables and receivables.
• Administering various access agreements on JDI lands.
• Coordinating with leaseholders and ensuring lease documentation is current.
• Providing quarterly management reports.
• A Paralegal Diploma or equivalent, or a university degree.
• Minimum five years of real estate paralegal experience in a law firm or in-house legal department.
• Experience in property management is an asset.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization and to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity: Please apply online.
Link to Job Posting: https://careers.jdirving.com/jobs/specialist-real-property-management-31843
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 04/30/2023