We have an immediate opening for an Associate in our Real Estate practice group with a focus on residential property transactions. Our ideal candidate will be able to manage files independently with minimal supervision.
We are an established and expanding law firm located in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia. With 18 lawyers assisted by a strong team of support staff, our firm strikes the balance between the opportunities provided by a large organization and the personal touch of a small firm.
Our Real Estate practice group includes senior practitioners with expansive client bases as well as experienced paralegals and support staff. We are looking to add a dynamic team player for this partnership track position.
• 3 years’ minimum post-call experience in Real Estate Law;
• Member in good standing of a provincial bar and eligible for membership in the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society;
• Superior organizational and interpersonal skills;
• Proven track record of building client relationships and managing files independently;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced legal environment;
• Commercial financing and Corporate law experience would be an asset;
• Familiarity with condominium development and governance;
• Successfully completed the Online Land Registration Act Qualification Assessment; and,
• A desire to join an energetic, eclectic and inclusive group of independent thinkers.
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter to Trish Wilkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 01/27/2020