Eastlink is a family owned, entrepreneurial and innovative company headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We take great pride in being a leader in delivering creative competitive, customer focused telecommunications solutions, and connecting our customers to the things and people that matter most. Serving a customer base across seven provinces, our advanced solutions include Internet, Mobile, TV, Telephone, Security and Automation, Data Communications and exclusive locally produced programming on Eastlink Community TV.
We embrace diversity, inclusion, equity and accessibility throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
As a member of Eastlink’s regulatory team reporting to the Director, Regulatory, you will be will be responsible to identify, collect, research, analyze and interpret information and data relating to various corporate and regulatory issues and policies impacting the company and help monitor and advise on legislative and regulatory concerns relating to the communications industry and Eastlink’s corporate compliance.
Additional responsibilities for this role include:
– Review various online and published resources, prepare summaries and reports, and draft regulatory files, submissions, tariffs and other documentation with the CRTC, Industry Canada and other regulators.
– Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders and subject matter experts.
– Provide regulatory guidance to internal stakeholders.
– Identify, collect, analyze and interpret information and data relating to various regulatory issues.
– Prepare and review of technical reports associated with the regulatory approvals or compliance requirements
Experience & Qualifications:
– University education (and/or specific experience working in a regulated industry with reading/research/analytical skills).
– Must have experience and/or be familiar with reading and interpreting legislation, ability to read and understand complex material, analytical skills, and ability to apply this knowledge to assist in corporate decision making based on an understanding of company needs and requirements.
– Experience or ability to work in a fast paced environment.
– Exceptional writing, research and analytical skills in dealing with legislation, policy and other complex data.
– Proficient in the use of MS Office based applications.
– Strong analytical, critical thinking and project management skills.
– Superior oral and written communication skills.
– Ability to translate research and information into persuasive, business-focused submissions.
– Work schedule would be based on a 40hr work week
– Ability to travel, some overnight travel is required
– This role is identified as hybrid, with the flexibility to work up to 2 days per week from home
– The successful candidate must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 upon hire, subject to Federal Human rights law
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink operates in a culture of continuous improvement through listening, learning and adapting, which enables us to respond quickly to the evolving needs of both employees and customers. We recognize that our truly greatest competitive edge is our people and that delivering a great customer experience begins with a great employee experience. Our philosophy of developing and training our team “on the ground” not only helps to create a strong onboarding experience but also readies employees for future growth opportunities within the organization.
Get your career started with us and stay with us, your journey begins here!
Link to Job Posting: https://can61.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/eastlink/Posting/View/3841
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 12/10/2021