Taylor MacLellan Cochrane proudly traces its roots in the Annapolis Valley to 1835 when the founding Partners opened the very first law office in the Kings County Shire Town of Kentville. Since those early days, Taylor MacLellan Cochrane has become one of the largest law firms in Nova Scotia outside of metropolitan Halifax serving clients throughout the Atlantic Provinces with offices in Kentville, Kingston and Windsor.
We are currently seeking a full-time Operations Manager
The Operations Manager is an integral part of our firm and is responsible for a broad range of duties including hands-on financial accounting and general firm management. Functions will include human resources, operations, professional compliance, facilities, information technology, security, marketing and strategic planning. The Operations Manager of Taylor MacLellan Cochrane is responsible to the Partners for the smooth and effective operations of the day to day and long term business aspects of the firm at its Kentville main office and its Kingston and Windsor branch offices.
An ideal Operations Manager will have the following:
• 5+ years of management and leadership experience within a professional services firm. Post-secondary education in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
• Proven excellence in fiscal management of budgets, financial reporting and daily accounting functions with a solid knowledge and understanding of accounting software.
• Strong leadership ability to proactively identify, analyze, recommend and implement solutions for the overall effectiveness of the firm.
• Strong strategic, analytical, communication and reporting skills and an ability to work with everyone in a supportive collaborative manner.
• Confident and positive self-starter with a ‘figure-it-out’ mindset, strong personal productivity and time management skills, and the ability to work autonomously.
• Prepared to contribute to the success of a fast paced, fast growing and progressive law firm.
If you have the capability, skills and experience to succeed in this role and are interested in a career opportunity as an Operations Manager with a busy law firm in the Annapolis Valley, please respond in confidence to:
Please note only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Katherine L. Hanks, Operations Manager
Taylor MacLellan Cochrane
50 Cornwallis Street
Kentville NS B4N 2E4
Phone: (902) 678-6156
Fax: (902) 678-6010
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 02/28/2020