Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
Employment Opportunity: Summer Student Intern – Policy, Planning and Research
Location: Halifax, NS
The Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society (NSBS) regulates the legal profession in Nova Scotia in the public interest. We fulfil our public interest mandate by ensuring that lawyers are competent and ethical, and practice law in accordance with the standards set by the Society.
We are seeking one individual for the summer (up to 17 weeks, 35 hours/week). The position would be of interest to those currently enrolled in the Masters of Public Administration program with preference given to Mi’kmaq, Indigenous and African Nova Scotian applicants.
The successful applicant will work within the Executive Director’s Office under the direction of the Governance, Policy and Planning Advisor assisting the Society to move forward on a number of strategic initiatives. Specifically, the Intern will:
- Review, create, analyze, prepare, and implement operational policies
- Review operational processes to ensure alignment to policies and current activities
- Conduct research, identify, analyze, and synthesize results to support the Society’s work to meet its Strategic Goals.
- Organizational skills (planning, priority setting, time management)
- Excellent skills in research, analysis and report writing (knowledge of different research methods)
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, both written and oral and the ability to liaise between technical and non-technical audiences
- Project management skills and experience
- Able to work independently under tight timelines
Submit your application (resume and cover letter) via email to email@example.com. This position will remain open until filled.
Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.