As the regulator of the legal profession, the Society protects the public interest in the practice of law. The Society is the independent, trusted and respected regulator of the legal profession. Acting in the public interest, they provide leadership, value and support to a competent, ethical, inclusive and engaged legal profession.
The Society is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of designated groups and the citizens we serve. We welcome applicants from groups who have historically faced barriers to employment. We encourage you to self-identify in your application.
About the Executive Assistant
We’re seeking an Executive Assistant within the organization who has progressive experience at the senior administrative support level.
The position will provide a broad range of executive-level administrative and operational support to executive team members. The Executive Assistant anticipates the requirements of the Professional Responsibility division and facilitates the effective and efficient operation of the office by providing organization and timely allocation of administrative resources.
- Coordinate day-to-day office or department administration.
- Establish and maintain electronic and paper-based filing systems, manuals and records.
- Prepare correspondence, reports and presentations using various software packages.
- Plan and coordinate meeting and event logistics such as calendar invites, room/venue bookings, equipment, catering; prepare and distribute agendas; recording and preparation of meeting minutes.
- Book travel arrangements and coordinate approval process and payments of various expenses.
- Maintain executive calendar and schedule of events for department team, where required.
- Liaise with internal and external contacts, as required.
- Prioritize and redirect email, incoming mail and telephone calls, with follow-up as appropriate.
Requirements, Skills and Assets
The role of Executive Assistant requires an ability to handle multiple priorities and conflicting agendas. The Executive Assistant must be able to work independently, exercise sound judgement and adapt quickly in an environment of continuous change. In addition, the Executive Assistant requires the following skill set:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in office administration or a related field, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience at a senior administrative support level.
- Technology proficiency including Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel) and database administration (intermediate level or greater).
- Proven experience with records and document management systems.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively across all levels of the organization and with members and the public.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as well as in a team environment.
- High degree of proven professionalism with the ability to exercise sound judgement, tact and strict confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Ability to take minutes, transcribe written documents and dictation.
- Demonstrated focus on quality, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience working in a legal environment.
- Experience providing administrative support to boards and/or committees.
- Training as a paralegal, legal assistant or equivalent experience.
- Ability to conduct research and data analysis.
- Supervisory experience.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this exciting career opportunity, please submit your application in confidence (including resume and cover letter) to the Society via email at email@example.com.
We offer a competitive salary based on qualifications and experience; a full health benefit package; a retirement savings program as well as flexible work options.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date: May 7, 2021