|Why Join Emera? Emera is a North American energy leader. Regulated utilities are core to our business, but we are also working in transmission projects, marketing and trading, contracted generation, asset management, utility services, pipelines, and renewable technology development.|
Our ability to serve more customers in more places is thanks to the commitment of our 7,400 employees in Canada, the USA, and the Caribbean. As we grow, we are excited to welcome new team members who are committed to our purpose and our approach to business.
Emera values people who believe that safety and health, relationships, and excellence are integral to how we work. In return, we value the diversity of our people and invest in their growth through:
– competitive compensation packages: including a comprehensive pension and benefits plan and employer-sponsored saving plans
– opportunities for career growth: including a strategic focus on employee development plans, opportunities to advance within and between our affiliate companies and, sponsored education programs
– giving back to communities: including corporate investments in the places where our people live and work; employee dollars-for-doers and fundraising-matching programs and, scholarships for children of employees
Accountabilities: Reporting to the Director, Total Rewards, the Manager, Executive Compensation will oversee all aspects of executive compensation for the Emera group of companies. The successful incumbent will work to ensure Emera’s executive compensation practices are innovative, market competitive and designed to drive and reward performance in line with Emera’s business strategy.
More specifically, the Manager will:
– Lead the design, implementation, administration and communication of Emera’s executive compensation and associated processes including executive base pay, short- and long-term incentive plans and perquisites.
– Sponsor the development of executive compensation policies, procedures and guidelines that comply within the statutory and compliance framework across the Emera group of companies.
– Provide consultation on executive compensation matters to senior executives and human resources across the Emera group of companies aligned to strategic business priorities.
– Manage the annual benchmarking process and support the decision-making process for all matters related to executive compensation.
– Stay on top of external trends, relevant pay legislation and competitive market intelligence and anticipate their potential impact to Emera’s executive pay philosophy and practices to ensure program compliance and effective designs.
– Manage all executive employment contracts while adhering to consistent guidelines across the organization.
– Oversee the preparation of materials for Emera’s Management Resources and Compensation Committee (MRCC) of the Board.
– Prepare annual proxy circular and support materials for the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
– Assist with the completion of the relevant investor documents, footnote disclosures and other ad-hoc reporting and disclosure requirements.
– Partner, where appropriate, with key external business consultants and service providers to achieve the best products and services.
– Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders including HR Business Partners, Tax, Legal and Payroll to identify and leverage process improvements and proactively address global regulatory changes.
– Respond to questions or inquiries from proxy advisory firms, as applicable.
Skills, Capabilities, Education and Experience:
– Minimum 5 years of Executive Compensation experience with a strong focus on long-term incentives at publicly traded company within a consultancy firm, corporate environment, or multinational company.
– Previous experience in leadership role will be considered a strong asset.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Law, Human Resources, or related field.
– Expertise in the design, development, implementation, and administration of executive compensation programs including base, short- and long-term incentive as well as perquisites.
– Experience in compensation reporting requirements for listed companies.
– Awareness of executive compensation trends and thorough understanding of international, provincial, federal, and state compensation laws, government compliance, accounting/finance, tax, and regulatory issues.
– Strong analytical and quantitative skills with a keen attention to detail.
– A natural collaborator that excels at balancing the needs of different stakeholders.
– High level of strategic agility, excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
– Superior written communication skills and demonstrated ability to present issues to a diverse group in a compelling and influential manner.
At Emera, our employees are our greatest strength. Our Leadership Competencies set standards that advance our business strategy, deliver results for customers, and provide career development for employees. We expect members of our leadership team to implement safety, health, and environmental standards. The successful incumbent will also be a visible leader who cultivates innovation and supports change to ensure the business continually evolves. Furthermore, they will build strong, collaborative relationships that achieve results. The Manager, Executive Compensation will encourage others to speak about ethical concerns, listen when issues are brought forward, and take action to address any issues. Lastly, they will deliver exceptional service to customer as well as set goals for their department and seek opportunities to build strategic partnerships with others.
Reports to: Director, Total Rewards
Form of Application: To apply, please click on the APPLY button at the end of the job posting, complete all required information fields, and copy and paste your cover letter and resume into the online form.
Application Deadline: All interested candidates should apply no later than November 18, 2020. Late applications may not receive consideration
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Recruitment and Promotion Policy: When filling vacant positions, we are determined to hire the best candidates available. We are committed to providing employees with a fair and equal opportunity to compete for jobs. Hiring and promotion of employees is based on skills, capabilities, knowledge and demonstrated abilities.
We value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates including members of the visible minority community, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and women in non-traditional roles. Applicants from these designated groups wishing to self-identify may do so through a series of questions in the online application process.
|Link to Job Posting|
|Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 11/18/2020|