Landry, McGillivray is a well established law firm in the core of downtown Dartmouth and we have an immediate opening for Legal Assistants with 2 years experience in the legal industry. The successful candidate will be working for lawyers with a heavy emphasis in the area of Litigation/Personal Injury Law. Some experience with Family and Criminal would be considered an asset.
This positions requires excellent computer skills. The successful applicant must be congenial and professional in appearance as well as in dealings with clients and colleagues.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparing a broad range of legal documents including applications, affidavits, briefs and statement of claims:
• Respond to clients, Law Courts and other incoming calls, emails and correspondence in a timely and professional manner;
• Preparing day to day general legal correspondence;
• Maintaining lawyer schedule and agenda;
• Review and prioritize incoming mail and faxes;
• Managing a bring forward system on client files;
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Excellent administrative skills with typing speed of at least 80 wpm;
• Must be able to deal effectively with clients and have excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Strong working knowledge in WordPerfect, Word and Outlook;
• Ability to work in a very fast paced environment;
• Must demonstrate a mature and professional work ethic;
Landry, McGillivray offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Send resume and cover letter via email to:
No Phone Calls Please
Application review will begin as soon as applications are received. Position will remain open until filled. We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 08/31/2022