Legal Assistant (Float Team) | Halifax
Cox & Palmer is a full-service, top-ranked Atlantic Canadian law firm with the knowledge and experience clients rely upon for solid legal solutions. The firm prides itself on a collegial work atmosphere and supportive team environment. We hire self-motivated, team-minded individuals with a strong work ethic, integrity and a commitment to client service.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
We are seeking permanent, full-time experienced Legal Assistants to join the Float Team in our Halifax office, to provide legal administrative support to lawyers in various practice areas, including, but not limited to: Litigation, Insurance, Property, Corporate/Commercial and Employment & Labour.
Your required skills and knowledge include:
• Accurate preparation of correspondence and legal documents;
• Processing large volumes of documents, with ability to use technology to store and
organize emails and files diligently;
• Meeting deadlines, and ability to multi-task and reprioritize as needed;
• Processing daily emails, phone messages and time sheets;
• Maintaining detailed and accurate client and administrative files;
• Calendar maintenance, scheduling and organizing meetings, assisting with client
meetings, making travel arrangements and updating address books;
• Communicating in a professional manner with lawyers and team members;
• Providing overflow support and help to other assistants as time allows;
• Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum of 1 year administrative experience in a legal environment;
• Preference is given to those with related paralegal/legal assistant formal education;
• Strong competency in the usage of MS Office (particularly Word, and Excel), paired
with superior typing and dicta-transcription skills;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to provide
superior customer service;
• Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail, coupled with strong organizational
and time management skills;
• Excellent proofreading skills (ability to check typed material for grammatical,
typographical, spelling, word usage and formatting errors);
• The ability to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and
• The willingness to learn and contribute to the team.
Cox & Palmer provides a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
• Health, dental, life and disability insurance, Employee Assistance Program, health and
• Group RRSP, pension and TFSA programs.
This position will remain posted until successfully filled. Qualified candidates who are interested in this position should send a covering letter and resume to:
Human Resources Manager, Halifax, NS
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 04/30/2021